Thursday, March 27, 2008

US AIRWAYS--LOST LUGGAGE


Vegas Vacation.....I know I am not alone, but I never realized until I got home and read the horror stories, and unresolved intances of lost luggage with US Airways....


Here is MY story:


My husband and I planned our 10 year wedding anniv. to Vegas in October 07, at the time my dad was sick and concequently passed away in Sept. 07 because of this we cancelled our vacation until March 08. Like the silly woman I am, I overpacked and bought new clothes. I just wanted everything fresh and new. I had two perscriptions also in the bag, and our traveling partners had one of the same meds, so I was able to borrow pills until I got home.




I had just sent two large garbage bags to goodwill, and I bought these new clothes for the trip, and to wear to work, with spring coming on. Clothes, swimsuit, (80* in Vegas, was looking forward to some pool time...after the long Michigan winter), make up, toletres....my new Danny Gregory book, creative liscence...ALL LOST!..We called US Airways EVERY day, several times a day, as they told us to keep checking after each new flight came into Vegas from Detroit...still nothing.....I am home now, still no luggage. I filled out my forms, contacted the CEO, Vice President, Public Relations people of US Airlines...but again, I am not holding my breath, as I said I read as much as I could of the similar stories of lost luggage, with no resolution with US Airways. Thank god I packed my cameras and sketchbook with my carry on. The lesson I learned is this, take only what you can pack in a carry on bag!!!!! PERIOD. If anyone out there has any ideas of what more I can do please let me know....I almost feel like this is a criminal act that US Airways is running, go on line and read some of the stories and see if you don't agree. I never seen any money from US Airways. I went out and bought some basic tolletries and a shirt. I just refussed to go out and buy more clothes after spending so much for the trip in the first place. I was very upset the first day, but I kept hope up that the bag would be found and sent to my hotel room....We were only in Vegas 3 1/2 days, so I had to compose myself and put it behind me and enjoy myself inspite of it all....I will keep on bugging them until I get my bag back or the cash to replace the contents....
my ending comment..DO NOT FLY US AIRWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

weebug said...

I am always afraid that this will happen when I fly! I am so sorry that this happened to youj.

Leighsa said...

I had a lost suitcase once. After the flight we went to lost and found in the airport and there it was. They had never tagged it. ..it never left the airport. I would always make sure there is contact information inside & on a tag outside your luggage so they can get it back to you.

When you are traveling the following is the most important information you should have on your tag
- Your name, preferably how it appears on your airline tickets
- Your contact phone number (cell)
- Your destination contact phone number if you are traveling somewhere your mobile phone will not be with you
- Your e-mail address

When you are filling out your baggage tag the following information should NOT be placed on your baggage tag (for security reasaons)
- Your home address
- Your home "landline" phone number

Linda said...

Yikes! We had something similar happen with Northwest Airlines when we made our trip to Canada last year. We had very specific gear packed to let us go into the backwoods for a week -- and it was GONE. Not like replacing regular clothing at all. Fortunately, they managed to get it to us at midnight, just hours before our tiny plane flew us out into the wilderness. The thing that burned me up about it was that they kept saying it was in one city and then another -- then that they didn't know where it was, but boy did they every have a FIT when I used the word "lost."

Oh well. I hope they get your bags back to you soon!

(And doesn't it kind of make you realize how very terrible it would be to truly lose everything you own in a fire or other disaster, though?)