Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spreading the love........





I seen this on Anita Davies site http://artbyanita.blogspot.com/. I thought it was a wonderful idea.


This excerpt is taken from the site. http://www.payitforwardday.com/ *There is tremendous power and positive energy in giving – it is a shame that not enough people have experienced it to the fullest. Pay It Forward Day is about all people, from all walks of life giving to someone else.
To encourage all of us to embrace the incredible power of giving.
To show each other that we care and that there is love, hope and magic all around us
To know that we may be only one person in this world, but to one person, at one time, we are the world.

Make a difference and experience the true power of giving on 4 April. Thank you for your support.
A message from Blake Beattie (Pay It Forward Day Founder)
‘Pay it Forward Day’ is a brilliant concept by Catherine Ryan Hyde from her book of the same title. Some people were originally quite sceptical of the whole idea: they said that it was good in theory, but not in practise. I challenged this point of view believing that people are genuinely giving by nature, but many get caught up in the hustle and bustle of every day life. April 4 is a time when each of us can get to experience the ‘Power of Giving’ and the ripple effect begins.*




For the first three people to send me your name and physical address via my email drocks1@yahoo.com (please put PAY IT FORWARD in the subject line). I have pledged to send you something I have made. You must then promise to send something to three other people, with the same instructions. Please allow 4 weeks for me to make my *gift* and get it to you....The three people will be announced here on my blog. The three people must in turn post on their blog the three people they promise to send an act of kindness gift. Gifts should be handmade by you.




@

3 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Wishing you well on this venture. A nice way to highlight the concept. I try to practice "random acts of kindness" in an ongoing way. And give, share or do something nice whenever the opportunity arises.

Lynn said...

Hi Deborah, you asked me where I'm taking my online painting class. It's from Kate Johnson. Her website is here
http://www.cathyjohnson.info/online.html

So far, the class is pretty good.

deborah said...

Thanks Lynn, I did check out cathys site, but the classes had already started.