Monday, December 29, 2008

The year is winding down...

Last thing I remember, it was June....Swoosh.......................Were did the time go, my dad always told me the older you get the faster time goes, he was right. Then a saying comes into my head; *don't count the days, make the days count*. It is true, when I am real productive and get alot done, be it work or fun, I find the day stretches out, filled right out to the corners. I go to bed happy that I did all I could, and fall to sleep with a good kind of tired. I am not perfect, and this isn't a scenario that I can practice consistently...cuz, sometimes I just want to sit and relax. Which has its own merits. It is only an observation, that the more I fit into a day the longer the day seems...I want my days to be stretched to the corners.
This weekend, I moved the treadmill into the bedroom, (it was there once before). Our house is small, so anywhere it would go would be in the way. It folds up, which is a good thing. It was in the garage, and it is too cold now to use it out there. If anyone had a video camera on me trying to get it into the house, it would have made a good you tube show. It was a challenge, but I did it. Most all of our snow is melted now, and just ice remained on our patio, which made is very slippery, and after a couple near falls, I threw some rugs down and got some good traction, and a couple heave hos I was able to slide it through the patio doors. All cleaned up and in its place. The electronics don't work on it, which is disappointing, so something happened with the move. So I wore my pedometer for cals, miles, steps...only thing I was missing was speed. I can guesstimate on where I set it. I walk 5 min, run 5 min. to start. for 30 min. Its a start. I have used it, once at night and once in the morning....I am not sure which I like better...(probably night)....

No comments: