Sunday, May 18, 2008

non artistic painting

I took a couple days off work, (plus the weekend) and painted the kitchen. It was a sage green, with gold curtains..I sewed a valance onto the blue tab top curtains, and the small kitchen window has the valance material curtain, that covers the whole window. It does freshen it up.
**********
As far as the outside...Have mowed the yard three times so far, and the temp. are more normal. We did have a bout in the 80's, but it is back in the 60's now...much more comfortable. The bleeding hearts are in full bloom, as are the tulips, irises, and the ants are working at opening the peonies. Hostas are growing and are going to be huge this year...stretching out and unfolding their leaves into large canopy's. I want to get a dogwood tree, and seen one I wish I would have bought...I love dogwoods. Their white flowers (I would get white) are like porcelain...crisp and sturdy, but delicate.
**********
Artistically I am working on a rock, with a picture of a dogs face. Progress on that will be posted on my other blog, speakswithpencil.
******************

1 comment:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Good for you! The colors look so soothing cool and serene, what a peaceful wonderful kitchen.

Adore the valence treatment on the curtains.